Dhamma Bodhi, Bodh Gaya
The following information is for those who have been accepted on the meditation course.
ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE INFORMATION
All students are asked to arrive between 2:00 and 4:00 p.m. on the day the course begins. After registration is completed, a light meal and orientation will precede the start of the course. The course will end at approximately 7:30 a.m. on the last day, day 11 of the course. All new students, as well as old (returning) students taking a full course, are required to remain until the very end of the course.
ITEMS TO BRING TO THE CENTRE
Please note: Students are asked not to bring to the course any personal food, computers, PDAs, MP3 players,iPad, reading materials or journals to write in. All such items along with mobile phones have to be deposited in the office, prior to the starting of the course.
The items that have been listed below cover all seasons. Please bring with you whatever is appropriate for the season during which your course will be held.
Bed-sheet and pillowcase are provided but you may also bring your own. December and January are cold and sleeping bags are recommended ( we provide blankets).
Meditation cushions and blankets are provided but you may also bring your own.
- Clothing for the duration of your stay.
- All students should observe the rules for modest dress as outlined in the Code of Discipline.
- Shorts, tank tops, transparent, tight or revealing clothing, etc. are not permitted.
- Tights or leggings should be worn only under a knee length top or skirt/dress.
In winter, between October and March: Light Jacket, sweater, shawl, a cap, and socks will be useful.
In monsoon between July and Sept: Umbrella and plastic/rubber slippers and shoes, and loose clothes that dry easily will be useful.
In summer, between April and July: Light cottons will be useful. 'Lungis' (sarongs), available at the Bodhgaya Khadi shop, should preferably be stitched up to avoid being revealing.
Toiletries to bring:
For the comfort of the other students, please do not bring any perfumes or scented creams, powders, shaving lotions, etc.
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Bath soap
- Unscented deodorant
- Shaving/Sanitary supplies
- Toilet paper, if required
- Small travel alarm clock
- Flashlight (with extra batteries and bulb)
- Any medicines that you are currently using
- Bottled water, if required. The centre provides filtered drinking water.
Students are expected to carry a health insurance, or, in any case, be in a position to finance their own health care needs, should the situation arise.
If you are a foreigner and have visa expiry issues because of which you would like to apply for a course that is full and closed, then follow procedure below:
- Kindly apply for any available course for which the registration is still open, here.
- For example, if you are interested in sitting for 1st January and the course is full while 1st March course is still open, please apply for 1st March and write to us to change the course date.
- When you get the acknowledgment, forward it to email@example.com with the request to change the course date.
- Clearly state why you want to change the date.
We will attempt to accommodate.